I think having goals and dreams is important in life, imperative in fact. How else can you strive to be better, to do better? So as a proud travel junkie, adventure enthusiast, humanitarian and lover of cultural differences, it’s no wonder that many of my goals and dreams have to do with where I can go and what I can do.
I know I won’t be able to do all of these in 2015, perhaps not even half. However, I know I WILL do them all at some point. In the meantime, they give me something to look forward to, something to dream about. And believe it or not, this is my short list and in no particular order.
Must Visit, See, and Do!
- Cartagena, Colombia! 11/07/2015
- Ganung Palung National Park in Borneo to hang with treefrogs and orangutans because THIS dream was what started it all!
- Bus it across South America (and make it home in one piece) 11/07/2015
- Spend a weekend in New York with friends 03/04/2015
- Las Lajas Santuary in Colombia 11/07/2015
- Finally get my arse to Quebec City for Winter Carnival 07/02/2015
- Mongolia...just because I can
- Trace family roots in Scotland
- Kruger National Park in South Africa
- Walk Old Town in Quito, Ecuador 11/07/2015
- Back to Les Cayes, Haiti to volunteer with LFBS! (with a stop in Cap-Haitien)
- Rock churches in Lalibela, Ethiopia
- See those really cool trees in Madagascar that almost look fake
- Bali for yoga and meditation and much needed destressing
- Some type of mountain climbing in South America (hopefully Cordillera Huayhuash in Peru)! 11/07/2015
- Volunteer for a few months in South Sudan
- Somewhere in Greece where I can see those blue and white houses
- Anywhere where I can get over my fear of heights 09/01/2016
- Serbia and Croatia because I've been hearing about how nice they are for years. *Sigh*
- See the Northern Lights in Iceland
- Go back to Rwanda and volunteer
- Finally take a scuba diving lesson
- Jordan....and Petra
- Go to Havana, Cuba before it changes
- Try surfing again, be able to stand up on the board and keep all my teeth
- Slovenia because so few ppl talk about it but the ones that do....ugh
What’s on yours?